I haven't really used this site in a long time. The primary reason being that I sort of fell out of the whole art thing for a while for some reason or another.
Well, I'm back(ish). I'm working on various art pieces and creating a portfolio for potential employers for when I graduate college (which shouldn't take long as I only needed to complete a total of 10 courses when I started back). This has gotten me mostly back into drawing.
I'm hoping to sort of meld my art and writing, and venture into some video (which will really be a nice use of my writing skills).
Anyway... now for a meme pilfered from
1) Why did you join this site?
Originally it was to display my art and recieve comments/constructive criticism. At first I was too timid to sign up, having seen some of the jaw-dropping work posted; I thought my own work wouldn't stand a chance.
I swallowed my timidity and signed up in 2007 and posted various pieces. Some of my oldest are still being favorited, which is cool!
2) What does your username have to do with you? Is it a combination of your favorite things, or a character of yours?
It's short for Zelgadis Greywards, the human/golem/demon chimera from the Slayers anime/manga/book series. Lina sometimes called him Zel, so it just sort of stuck with me. I've seen the surname spelled various ways (Greywards, Graywars, Glaywords, Graywords, etc.) due to translation issues.
3) What is your current icon of?
Classic Megaman drawn in pencil, scanned, linearted and colored in Adobe Illustrator, and finally shrunk down and cropped.
4) How many watchers do you have and how many people are you currently watching?
I only have 9 watchers after two years, and I'm watching 16.
5) Do you have more than one account?
... why would I?
6) Name 3 of your favorite artists on DA.
I plead the fifth (though this is hardly a court of law). This question is too hard to answer.
7) What deviant do you admire because of their personality?
Again, the fifth (it's getting a workout today).
8) How many people on here do you actually know in reality? Post their avatars.
and that's it. I'm sure some other people I know/have known in real life have pages that I'm just not aware of.
9) Do you comment, fave, or both?
Typically both. There are times though when I can't put in words just what I like about an image (at such times I fave but don't comment).
10) What do you typically post on deviantART?
Somma dem purdy pitchures. I tink they's called art.
Mostly fanart and other randomness.
11) Do you participate in clubs or contests here on DA?
Two clubs (both related to the show "Heroes"). No contests.
12) What is your most popular deviation?
Sylar's Secret Santa. I like to think that it's popular because it's silly, but I'm sure that some people have favorited it because of the fact that Claire is tied up... ... ^_^'
13) What's your favorite submission in your favorites gallery?
"Calling the fifth! Come back out here!"
*Shoves the fifth amendment down the throat of the person who originally devised this survey*
14) What are the things you wish you could draw better?
I'm sure that many people have said/would say this: Everything!
I still have some difficulty with action poses (which I'm going to start working on soon) and hands (especially hands).
15) Are you a subscriber?
16) How many hours a day do you spend on DA?
0 on a typical day, but lately it's been just under 1.
17) Are you a fast, slow, or medium typer?
Fast. I need to find out just how fast, but several years ago I took a typing test and the lady who was administering it said (from the adjacent room), "Wow, he's fast!"
Back then it was like 40-50 some-odd WPM I think, but I should be faster now.
18) What is the most annoying thing people ask you?
I don't know. I never really thought about it.
19) What is the most annoying comment you get?
Again, I don't know.
20) What inspires you?
Inspiration inspires me. I don't know really; it sort of just happens. Whether it's drawing or writing, it's all pretty much random brainstorming and sudden ideas.
21) Do you use any traditional media?
Pencil, pens, and colored pencils. I've sort of turned to mostly digital coloring and lineart though.
*Hugs Adobe Illustrator*
22) Do you associate people online with their icons?
Sometimes, until I've got their screen name burned into my memory.
23) Have you ever suggested a Daily Deviation?
24) Everyone has considered leaving DA once or twice. Have you? Why?
I've felt inadequate and that's a small part of the reason my account stagnated for so long. The other main part was that I just became too busy and scatterbrained to focus much on art.
I've never really thought about closing my account/gallery, but I just wasn't really sure what good it would do me to have/update it.